Thursday, July 16, 2009

Daniel Kraft invents a better way to harvest bone marrow

I really don't know much about cancer. I do know that I lost my father to cancer and my brother is a survivor. It is a terrible disease and participating in the ACS Pan OH Hope Lodge ride (two weeks from today!) is my token gesture of support.

After watching the video below, I'm reminded why I can not wrap my head around the dynamic world of 'cancer'. The truth is I'm not cut out to be a doctor. I'm comfortable around my own blood and injuries but when it comes to others - not so good (terrible actually). I nearly fainted accompanying Hilary to some of her normal pregnancy appointments when we were starting a family.

This video is from TED and will be very inspiring for cancer patients to watch. Note this is rated G on the scale of blood and guts (yet left me in a cold sweat). Even my 5-year old daughter would not be phased. I can just see my brother now raising his hand and saying "WT*? Why was this option not offered to me in 2005?"

Thank you Dr. Kraft for making the world a better place.

Safe riding,
Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment