Monday, July 12, 2010

POHR 2010

Dear Friends and Family,

Happy Summer. It is hard to believe, but it is almost time for the 2010 Pan Ohio Hope Ride. As you might recall from last year, the Hope Ride is a four day, 328 mile charity bike ride from Cleveland to Cincinnati. Funds raised help support the American Cancer Society’s Hope Lodges. The Hope Lodges provide free, supportive lodging for cancer patients and caregivers who have to travel for treatment.

The 2009 Pan Ohio Hope Ride was a great success. The ride proved harder than I anticipated, but I truly enjoyed the experience. As a group, TEAM BOB raised over $17,000! THANK YOU! For the 2010 event, we have another great group of riders and supporters looking to have fun, enjoy a great ride, and make a difference for those fighting cancer. TEAM BOB and I will do all the pedaling. But we need your support to make this incredible journey! Our ride starts on Thursday, July 29th and we will arrive in Cincinnati on Sunday, August 1st 2010.

In the spring, Kate and I took the kids to Chicago to meet our new nephew Billy. During our travels around the city, I saw a Livestrong t-shirt that said, “I now have two kinds of days…good days and great days.” Truly a statement I can appreciate. I still take a regular Rx cocktail to keep the cancer in remission, but I don’t let it run my life. I continue to burn the candle at both ends keeping up with all the joys and challenges that family and work throw my way.

Please consider making a donation through the website link below or by writing a check to American Cancer Society and mailing it to my attention. (Sessions, c/o Pan Ohio Hope Ride, 1632 St. Charles Avenue, Lakewood, Ohio 44107)

Thank you for your generosity. If you have any questions, please feel free to give me a call or send me an email.

TEAM BOB

Bob, Kate, Bobby, Mary, and Jane


Donation link to the TEAM BOB effort:
http://main.acsevents.org/goto/BobSessions

More about the Pan Ohio Hope Ride:
www.panohiohoperide.org

Follow our Blog during the 2010 POHR:
http://trainingbobs.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment